Jack Lee has been a professional piper for nearly 40 years. He uses recording a great deal as an aide to improving his own piping. Since winning the Inverness Gold Medal in 1981, Jack has pretty much “kept the recorder running.” Whether you are an active solo competitor who is studying a tune, or a piper who is playing for your own enjoyment, there is a ton of music that you will enjoy.
Important message for downloads
Jack spent months trying to research who composed these tunes. He would never knowingly put someone else’s tunes on this site without paying them the proper royalties. If you notice any tune here that is not properly credited please let us know. Lee and Sons Bagpipes would like to apologize to the composer and pay them all funds collected for their music.
What You Receive
When you purchase music downloads you will receive 4 things:
- Written music in Bagpipe Music Writer format (BMW)
- Written music as a PDF
- Recording of Jack Lee playing it on a well-tuned bagpipe in MP3 format
- Credit voucher for 50% of the value of music purchased (excluding taxes) that can be applied toward the purchase of bagpipe reeds. Credit vouchers are valid for 30 days
Among the recordings available on the site are some of the tunes with which Jack has had great success, including:
- “Lament for Donald MacKenzie” [Oban Gold Medal]
- “Black Donald’s March” [Inverness Gold Medal]
- “Lord Lovat’s Lament” [Bratach Gorm]
- “Lament for Ronald MacDonald of Morar” [Bratach Gorm]
- “Craigellachie” [Oban Senior Piobaireachd]
- “Lament for the Laird of Anapool” [Northern Meeting Clasp]
- “Nameless, A Lament”, from the MacArthur-MacGregor MS and “Lament for the Bishop of Argyle” [Northern Meeting Clasp]
- “Bonnie Ann”, “The Camerionian Rant”, “The Little Cascade” [Inverness Former Winners’ Silver Star]
- “John MacDonald of Glencoe”, “Blair Drummond”, “John MacKechnie” [Inverness Former Winners’ Silver Star]
- “Marchioness of Tullibardine”, “Caledonian Society of London”, “Pretty Marion” [Inverness Former Winner’s Silver Star]
- “Lament for Donald Ban MacCrimmon” [Skye Dunvegan Medal]
- “Lament for the Earl of Antrim” [Dr. Dan Reid Memorial]
- “Mrs. MacLeod of Tallisker’s Salute” [Dr. Dan Reid Memorial]
Browse through the hundreds of tunes available for download, and you will find many great recordings to enhance your learning and enjoyment of the pipes and their music.